Saturday, September 22, 2012

New PV 「CLOUD9」by Uchuu Sentai NOIZ

Today the band Uchuu Sentai NOIZ released the PV from their new album entitled「METEORS」which releases on September 26th. 



Earlier this week they released a collection of samples from all their songs on their upcoming album 「METEORS」, so I knew what to kind of expect when I first listened to this song but in some aspects they did surprise me and overall I thought it was a good mix of different vocal style and instrumentals.

Masato's vocals have always been a distinct quality in their music and I was happy again to hear a song where he get a chance to demonstrate his skillful rapping and in this PV partially his singing. Towards the end though he took his place back on the guitar but for most of it he was sharing the spotlight with Angel-Taka who's voice is still a great compliment to his own.

Knowing NOIZ I was expecting a set of heavy vocals with a uplifting chorus, and at the end of the song there was one but I thought this song showed more of Angel-Taka and Masato coming together to play off of each other.

Instrumental wise, they seemed to have carried on from their last album 「HIGHFIVE」 where heavy drums and bass lines from Yamato and Kyo were dominant. Along with rhythmic guitar from Masato and clean guitar from Kotaro intertwining to highlight Angel-Taka's vocals.

Overall I think they picked a versatile song from their album to make a PV for. Within the song they were able to highlight the things that make NOIZ, NOIZ, and at the same time show off their specific talents to show a wide arrange of sound and capability.

I look forward to purchasing this album when it's released and continuing to try my best to translate their songs into English. Please look forward to those song as well as the rest from 「HIGHFIVE」! If you like, leave a comment below and tell me what you think of this song and what you are most looking forward to about their upcoming album!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to support the band by purchasing their CD's
「METEORS」- Regular
「METEORS」- Limited Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment